We Do - photographers and photobooth hire
Jono Tucker Photography and video
Paul Howell Photography
Mark Tantrum Photography
Graeme Bowden photographer
Fine Line Photography
Bayly and Moore
Mary Sylvia Photography
Anna Munro Photography
Further quality homestay accommodation is available nearby in Featherston at Donald Street Homestay (next door to Tarureka) Contact details: Leanne Flack email@example.com, 027 200 7089, (06) 308 6699, Waite Cottage (2 mins walk from Tarureka), Little Branches; Glass of Red Hideaways (two houses, so ideal for larger groups – and next door to the Tin Hut), Longwood, Benvenuto; Bellavilla, Whispering Winds, Featherston Motels and Camping; Wallace Cottage, Underhill Cottage, Plum Cottage and The Laurels Cottage. Accommodation in Greytown and Martinborough is 10 minutes away at Bumblebee Cottage, Oak Estate Motels, and Martinborough Experience . Rotapai Farmstay is located in the South Wairarapa countryside.
For your honeymoon – or a getaway with friends after your wedding – look at Matahiwi Barn - a meticulously restored, sublimely comfortable, four-bedroom, three-bathroom country house that accommodates up to nine guests.
For further local accommodation look at the Holiday Houses site.
Wendy Hooper, tel: 027 339 7043
Wendy is a qualified early childhood teacher and does a brilliant job of looking after junior wedding guests at the Estate.
Second-hand and antiques
Featherston is renowned for its second-hand shops, many of which are close to Tarureka. Try Mr Feather’s Den in Fitzherbert Street for antiques and paintings, and Quirks for antiques- at the north end of Fitzherbert Street.
Featherston is becoming famous as New Zealand’s only ‘Booktown’, and bookshops are multiplying here, including:
- Loco Café a quirky bookshop and café, right in the centre of town.
- For the blokes – especially those interested in military history – visit the newly established Messines Bookshop – a 5 minute walk from Tarureka in Fox Street beside the War Memorial.
- And for all the book lovers, there is the wonderful For the Love of Books, 5 minutes walk away in Fitzherbert Street, which has a huge range of second-hand books.
There are more and more food shops and cafes appearing in Featherston including:
- C’est Cheese – located between Mr Feather’s Den and Everest Cafe - a stunning cheese shop stocking locally made and imported cheeses – with everything that goes with them. You can ask your caterer to include their amazing cheeses in your wedding feast, or contact them directly to order your photography session picnic basket.
- Next door to C’est Cheese, is the complementary shop Sweet, selling all things deliciously sweet!
- The best bread in New Zealand can be bought at The Baker.
- Newly opened Sweet & Salty offers authentic Italian cuisine – including desserts – to take away. The perfect solution to your Friday night rehearsal dinner.
- You can get your coffee fix at Everest Café, Loco Café or Dandelion.
- The Tin Hut - a lovely country pub with lawns, gardens and stream, open fire and top-class cuisine. Only five minutes drive away, it is next door to the two houses of Glass of Red Hideaways, so is an ideal spot for before or after wedding dinners and lunches.
Emporos in Greytown have a stunning array of modern/country and antique pieces – all perfect for a wedding list. Talk to Annabel or Grant.
The Vintage Party
Sound system hire
Choose your own music, and be kind to your wedding budget with a system from Brent de Bres of Automated Music Systems (based in Martinborough) tel: 027 444 0111, 0800 267 687 ext 2 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Brent will also hire mics for outdoor ceremonies.
Carol Pilcher 0211662490, email@example.com
Greer Berry – after her own memorable wedding, one of our favourite brides returns to Tarureka to marry other couples.
Lorraine Southey 0272479062, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn McCallum 021 737 813
Dale Julius: email@example.com
Wayne Mowat your favourite radio voice
Blossom Beauty, Beauty Services tel: 0279325752 – Jasmine Veale is a local beautician specialising in bridal work
Miranda Millen Makeup ArtistryMake up and hair from this internationally trained artist
Lee-Ann Smith – Both hair and makeup services, specialising in weddings
Turret House in Martinborough
Lorna Potter Beauty Therapy in Masterton
Creative Hair Image in Featherston
Bridal make up from Alluminus Beauty Therapy in Greytown tel 06 3049660, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Massage from the Featherston-based Two Hands Massage
Crystal Clear Productions
Jono Tucker Photography
Tranzit Phone (06) 370-6600 email email@example.com, Martinborough (06) 370-6600
Martinborough Shuttles tel: 06 379-5303
Hunter Shuttles (Martinborough) 06 306 9847
Vinyl Bison – Warren Maxwell tel 021 181 2237
The Wellington City Shake-’Em-On-Downers (contact Rob 020 407 95467)
The Blue Print tel: 0277735274
The Filthy Two tel 0272068416
Ricky Boyd and the Boomshacks